Its not a project, I swear

Status
Not open for further replies.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
So earlier this week, i was just walking along, minding my own business, when a silver tongued sharp witted salesman dug his razor talons into my back .

Long story short, I ended up buying myself a graduation present.

Its an older/fatter cousin of the Gbody that i know absolutely nothing about. Not really sure why I like it so much, its definitely not my style or taste. But its REALLY nice to drive. No real plans for it other to make it look cool and single colored, handle a bit better, and enjoy. Then eventually let someone else enjoy it.

I am not putting it into the "non-G-Projects" section, cuz projects are like where you sink money into and stuff. and this is NOT a project. Maybe if i type it here that will become true. 🙂

Last edited:
I can't wait to see your build thread with your new bored and stroked Caddy engine and all of your suspension mods to make that thing handle, maybe see if Jeff Schwartz will donate his chassis from his old Brougham that won the RSE . 😉

7774800136_aa395aba9c_c.jpg

you guys must have been talking to that salesman.

One of the biggest issues is its a 78, which was basically a 3 yr only production. The 1980-1996 cars share alot of parts that can be borrowed from the Impala SS. But people say some stuff changes over to my "C" body as well.

I will probably be finding out the hard way. Theres not too much aftermarket support, or forums for these cars. What little info there is often deals with lifting, hydraulics, or general maintenance. Im counting on Generic Motor's use of the same parts bin for my restification mods.

Cool car!

These storys that start out with the phrase"minding my own business " is always a good time🙂

• Agree
Reactions: vanrah
Sweet. I probably would have bought it too. I've always thought those older Cadillacs look cool. I can't wait to see how far you take this "non-project" car.

I'd rock it! have fun with it!

It needs bull horns, hitch, and a single horse trailer. Or 24 inch wheels and a black guy to buy it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor