Its that time of year-winter plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
As the title says its about that dreaded time of year. I was going through my list of winter/storage plans and figured it'd be interesting to see what everyone else has waiting for them this winter.

For me its fabbing a 6 or 8 point roll bar, E36 headlights, remake the gauge and shifter panels, add a heat only box for the sole purpose of functioning defrost, move the ignition boxes inside, add a stereo system, get seats redone, and make lower door panels.

Not sure how much will get done with other projects but I have been accumulating parts all summer. Still looking for a heat only HVAC box *wink *wink....

What about you guys?

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Drivetrain for the Bonneville - once I figure out what I want to put in it, and acquiring a Megasquirt 2 or 3 ECU to play with.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Start fitting the MCSS with the 4.8 and fabbing up the turbos.

But, none of that happens until I am done fixing the TBSS' transmission. Which has been a huge financial drain.

Techman

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2017
Get the body back on the frame and then off to the paint shop. By paint shop I mean doing it myself at the local community college. For 300 a class I can restore my car with their tools and paint booth. Way cheaper than paying labor rates and I learn a new skill also. 16 week commitment for classes is the only downfall.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have to re-ring my engine, going to use an electronic heater valve so I need to turn my heater control into a slide potentiometer so the heater will control the valve in the same manner it controlled the vacuum, have to replace the windshield and figure out what to do with the paint on the car....etc etc....

Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Just took my last drive yesterday afternoon and put the storage status on it this morning.
Winter plans are not fun. Find another job, consider new housing depending on income, improve upon or begin saving to replace my mostly-trusty/kinda-rusty '99 Century, and consider getting my wisdom teeth pulled with or without dental insurance since my lowers are stuck at "partially erupted."
But if it were all g-body oriented the plans would be:
-Research what can be done to my small block Buick heads to improve power.
-Continue accumulating parts for a 5 speed swap.
-Save up for a set of 255 BFG Sport Comp-2s for my Speedline S10 Xtreme wheels.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Car shows and cruise nights, oh and a swap meet in November....god I love Arizona.

Reactions: 2 users

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
Dress up the engine a little bit new valve covers etc. Get the engine bay painted and cleaned up. install rear lowering springs followed by a frame notch and slight tube work and do my minor body work and get her ready for paint. oh and install posi 3.73 gears and moser axles

350-G

Apprentice
May 2, 2015
GA
Going to take this weekend and see how much shelving I can add to the 12x20 and clean, declutter and organize the garage so I can actually start to do something on the cutlass. Front suspension, drivetrain and the rear is out, Just need to get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor