Jason Newsted from Metallica

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So randomly, Jason Newsted decided to move to my hometown about two years ago. Mind you, the combined population between the village and town is about 7500 people. Last year and this year he has played at our town fair, which is a fund raiser for the volunteer fire department. Got to meet him. His music has got me thru some hard times.... Very cool guy, and a great musician. 20220903_222859.jpg

20220903_215536.jpg

20220903_215147.jpg

20220903_215118.jpg

20220903_210209.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
What I see here is a little change of beard grooming, and a switch in hairstyle, and you can go around opening charge accounts at the local stores in his name.

Go ahead, you've earned it.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
That's way cool.. I've been a Metallica fan since the earliest days. My daughter, now 18, can play most of their music on her guitar and is very knowledgeable on their back ground as well as other heavy metal and classic bands of our day.
Isn't it funny how we think famous people are bigger than life but when we met them they're just regular people like us. Jason seems to be a very down to earth kinda guy. He just happened to play in one of the greatest heavy metal bands in the world.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Pretty cool. I too have been a fan since 1986, my ex BIL went ape for Master of the Puppets. I remember them coming to Brandon with Motorhead in 87. Jason Newstead had an impossible task following Cliff Burton, he was beyond awesome. Glad to hear he is doing well.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I saw them in the mid 80"s at a monsters of rock tour in Los Angeles. While Cliff was a master on the bass (missed by all; Rip) Jason really got a bad rap from the rest of Metallica. He is an outstanding bass player. I also like the guy they replaced him with from Suicidal Tendencies. Annotations great bass player.

• Agree

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I just showed these pictures to my daughter. She's totally freaking out getting to see pictures she's never seen before. She probably knows more about them than most of us combined. She just went to see Megadeath about a week ago and was given a guitar pick that Dave used during the show. These pictures made her day! Thanks for posting Steetbu.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I saw them in the mid 80"s at a monsters of rock tour in Los Angeles. While Cliff was a master on the bass (missed by all; Rip) Jason really got a bad rap from the rest of Metallica. He is an outstanding bass player. I also like the guy they replaced him with from Suicidal Tendencies. Annotations great bass player.
he didn't stand a chance following Cliff,he was a monster.they hazed the hell outta him and there was no sign of him on that justice album,they pushed him out.i liked Robert in suicidal too.he's a good fit where he is now.

• Agree

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
he didn't stand a chance following Cliff,he was a monster.they hazed the hell outta him and there was no sign of him on that justice album,they pushed him out.i liked Robert in suicidal too.he's a good fit where he is now.
It didn't help they mixed all the Bass out of ...And Justice for All.
Always liked him. Never really understood how he became a lighting rod. Lars can eat an entire bag of dicks.

• Agree

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
While I agree with everything that has been said, like any relationship, there is two sides to every story.
He was getting pissy last night because the crowd was talking and not paying 100% attention to him. "Hey if you wanna talk and not listen to me go to f... outside"
I took it with a grain of salt. I would imagine most big artists have some attitude, but its always a little disappointing when you get to see it first hand.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I work ACL Fest every year and usually on the barricades, mixing pit, or back gate security. I also get to talk to the various riggers who travel around the country doing these shows.
We have to enforce artists requests if possible (no pics, recording, etc), but for the most parts they're usually all pretty regular people. but you get to hear things too, and observe behavior.
Gary Clark Jr parents=ultra cool and understanding, GC too
Billy Idol=cool
Lars= per a rigger and my observation after he made an after concert speech "Lars is a fcking princess!"
Dwight Yoakam manager=ultra cool and understanding we couldn't let him in after lockdown until Security Director and Stage Manager showed up to verify identity
Eminem=another paranoid princess

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor