WARNING JBB0273 Bad Seller

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Agreed to a price, provides payment details, go to make payment and he sells out from under me for more money and tells me not to bother sending anymore.
Don't waste your time buying from him, not an asset to the community.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Well l hate to sound like a Prick but he is a Noob. Surprise surprise how shady the unknown are!!

I've notice a rash of noob, no introduction, just fly to what they are after! For me l'm fairly new but l'm not responding to anyone that hasn't Atleast put sometime in to do an introduction.

Anyways sorry about your luck!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It sucks this sort of thing happens on a car site that the number of cars is continuously shrinking as time goes by. One certainly has a right to back out of a deal when there's no legal and binding transaction. BUT, with that comes responsibility.

You should have a very good reason why you can't honor a deal you make once you agree on something, whether it's on the internet or otherwise. Just because you get one guy willing to pay more for one item...is it worth it in the long run? Ruining a reputation before you even get one? It's kind of a shame.

As 88hurstolds can attest, if we settle on a price, that's the price you get from me. (As long as I don't forget and I'm reminded of it. :) ) Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the darn stuff. Sometimes accidental crap happens, but to pull the rug out from under someone just isn't cool. I've had that happen to me, and you don't forget those f**kings.

JBB0273, if this is true (and you know if it is or not) then don't b*tch about it if it ever happens to you. Karma has a tendency to bite you on the a**.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
And I'm usually the bad guy to insist that newbies post an introduction...especially ones that have one post and are trying to sell their sh*t on the forum. These guys, in my book, don't deserve a welcome.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Buyer always beware. No introductions required. However, if I see someone with 2 posts and one of them is a bunch of parts for sale, I'm not buying from them. Got to get some street cred or point to it somewhere to have the seller "vetted" properly.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Buyer always beware. No introductions required. However, if I see someone with 2 posts and one of them is a bunch of parts for sale, I'm not buying from them. Got to get some street cred or point to it somewhere to have the seller "vetted" properly.
I couldn't agree with you more. I also would feel uneasy buying parts from a new member who has only one or two posts. However, we've had members screwed by guys that were consistent posters.
So again, it's caveat emptor, buyer beware.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor