Jeep Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have to change the PS high pressure hose. The prices are all over the map. I have read that I should only use the Mopar part which of course is the highest price. Has anyone here used any aftermarket hoses with success?. It's a 2003 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.7....thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Due to the weather allowing me to procrastinate longer than usual I am finally getting to installing the aftermarket ps pressure hose. The design of the aftermarket hose sure makes if more difficult to get in it in place.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The line is changed and I filled the system with the proper ps fluid. Is there any trick to bleeding the system. I went lock to lock more cycles than on my G body to bleed the system but the pump on the Jeep is still whining and the fluid in the pump didn't get frothy with air from the system like the G body pump.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
The line is changed and I filled the system with the proper ps fluid. Is there any trick to bleeding the system. I went lock to lock more cycles than on my G body to bleed the system but the pump on the Jeep is still whining and the fluid in the pump didn't get frothy with air from the system like the G body pump.

When I redid the line on my trailblazer I tried to bleed it lock to lock and it didn't work. I took it out for a quick spin around the block and a few turns later the quick drive did the trick.

Maybe it'll work for you.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When I redid the line on my trailblazer I tried to bleed it lock to lock and it didn't work. I took it out for a quick spin around the block and a few turns later the quick drive did the trick.

Maybe it'll work for you.

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow and let you know....:)

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I bought one from autozone and raised the truck to bleed the powersteering system...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought one from autozone and raised the truck to bleed the powersteering system...

thanks, I'll try that if driving it around doesn't work. I read about lifting the front end in a Jeep forum and that it should be turned look to lock before the engine is started and a few other ideas but I trust this forum more than any other to have the best suggestions on anything automotive

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Steve I raise the front and turn lock to lock also, but that was for rack and pinion type steering. My experience with a recirculating ball type is to do as you did but overfill it until the whining stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor