jeep,small block chevy,power steering

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
has any here installed p/s on a jeep with a sbc 350? working on this for a friend, its an older build and has heads with out acc. holes, so the stock tbi/ vortec serp belt setup is out,i got a bracket from borgeson to mount a type two pump with v belt pully that i think will clear the steering shaft, but i thought maybe some one had run in to this before and maybe had some picks of what they did or a better idea thanks for any help steve

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've never dealt with this on a Jeep specifically but you should be able to use all factory pump and brackets for a pre-'68 SBC. I have that setup on my '66 El Camino and it's nice and tucked tight to the block. You will have to use a short water pump and matching pulleys. The stuff isn't hard to find used and all the pieces are available new if you want to go that route.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
cool ill look into that i thought they might stick out to far to the side the steering shaft is just in a bad spot as far as where p/s pump pully is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor