JEGS brand center bolt valve covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
so i just ordered a set of JEGS brand center bolt cast aluminum valve covers. im putting them on my vortec heads hence the center bolt... anyways i was wondering if anyone has ever delt with these, where the center bolt comes down it is casted around it very thick looking, really doesnt look like its going to fit between my stock rocker arms...but i may be wrong, anyone else ever bought these? or put these on?

ERIC87442 said:
so i just ordered a set of JEGS brand center bolt cast aluminum valve covers. im putting them on my vortec heads hence the center bolt... anyways i was wondering if anyone has ever delt with these, where the center bolt comes down it is casted around it very thick looking, really doesnt look like its going to fit between my stock rocker arms...but i may be wrong, anyone else ever bought these? or put these on?

I am using old L98 heads, with these Vortec/L98 covers... They works fine with my stock rockers, but I did have some grind from the higher lift cam.
5.jpg

Did you get the plain JEGs steel ones?

i got the plain "tall" aluminum ones, i had some cheep stock size crome steel ones on there and i had a horrible noise every now and then like my rocker arms are clattering but i found it looks as if my rocker arms were hitting my valve cover and if i took my valve covers off and ran it the noise was gone it wasnt there with the old valve covers that were on there too (tall aluminum gm performance brand) very nice but i cracked one tighening it 😳

yeah, I'd say you're gonna be fine with the "Tall" ones... As long as the sides of the rockers are not hitting the sleeves of the cover, where the bolts are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor