Jegs TH400 dual hump crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I was adding to my Jegs wish list today and the website notes that their dual-hump crossmember for TH400 has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I waited too long to see if this would fit the 200-4R swap I will be doing on the wagon.

Has anyone else purchased one of these? Does it fit without a frame mount extension? If so, does anyone have one that is getting dusty in the parts bin?

I have an extra one for a TH350 and may have to mod it to make this work in the wagon. The 700R4 version was a better fit for my Tremec 3006, and paying to return it wasn't worth the refund.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Quinn,
If you're unable to find one of these cross members, my friend installed an Olds V-8 with a 200-4R into his Cutlass Cruiser that was Chevy powered. He ended up using his old Jeg's TH350 X-member with a frame extension on each side. He had two pieces of 1 x 3 rectangular steel tubing cut and drilled to be bolted to his frame rails. According to him, it worked out well. He has been driving the car on a daily basis ever since.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I hadn't thought of moving the mounts back on both sides. The box that my mind lives in thought I might move the center backwards. I'll keep your tip in mind.

Thanks,

Quinn

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I honestly didn't think it would work either. But he was intent that it would work, so I said, let me know how it works out...sure enough his persistence paid off.
I always thought, due to the different angle in X-members, this couldn't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor