Joining the dark side

Status
Not open for further replies.

80Maliturbu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2016
whats up guys, name is david. was a former mustang owner and have had them for the lat 13 years and 2 months ago i sold my 02 turbo gt to get out of cars. Well behold i was offered a deal on a 80 malibu i couldnt pass up so i jumped on it and now part of the chevy crowd. Kinda nice to have a different car to build this time to be honest was getting bored of the same platform.

80Maliturbu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2016
gonna be some sort of turbo setup but Not sure what motor is gonna end up in it. Gonna keep it more street then strip since i can never really get to the track. Gonna be doing the body work, chassis and rear before i even bother with a motor and trans. I do however have a fresh built 4l80e sitting on a shelf at my job so i may end up using that trans since it will be cheap for me to use.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You are not joining the dark side you have just finally seen the light.
This is a great forum enjoy it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

80Maliturbu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2016
so far its just a chevy platform no idea what motor will be in it lol eitherway i wanna figure out a solid suspension and direction to go in before i start buying stuff. i dont wanna put a cage in it right now but i wanna stiffen up the frame for sure.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when you sold your mustang you weren't getting out of cars, you have just entered the world of cars with your Malibu purchase...:)

80Maliturbu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2016
we have a malibu we built at the shop with a 427 sbc off idle launch pulled the wheels about 3-4ft off the ground with a crappy suspension....needless to say it peaked my interest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor