BUILD THREAD JRP's Unofficially, Official Regal Thread

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
One is a bolt hole the other is an alignment hole for the Chevy style divorce choke. No one remakes the "in the intake" style choke like I got.

Attachments

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also: fun fact.
The TA dual plane doesnt have egr provisions, but the now discontinued Poston S Divider did. It came with a blockoff plate. Shame the intake kinda sucks tho. They tried to have both sides mirror each other and it would make cylinder #3 run lean consistently. Needs a spacer or the divider milled down so both sides can "talk" to eachother to be the best it can be.
Buick-Poston-Aluminum-350-intake-manifold.jpg

Edit: the intake in the pic has been modded lol just noticed.

Last edited:
joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
One is a bolt hole the other is an alignment hole for the Chevy style divorce choke. No one remakes the "in the intake" style choke like I got.
Are you saying I shouldn't throw away the "in the intake" choke that came with my 2 barrel intake? Because the intake itself is going to the scrap bin.

Also: fun fact.
The TA dual plane doesnt have egr provisions, but the now discontinued Poston S Divider did. It came with a blockoff plate. Shame the intake kinda sucks tho. They tried to have both sides mirror each other and it would make cylinder #3 run lean consistently. Needs a spacer or the divider milled down so both sides can "talk" to eachother to be the best it can be.
From everything I've read the Poston S-Divider is worth it's weight in scrap.

Texas82GP

Texas82GP

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
There's nothing wrong with the divorced choke either.

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Are you saying I shouldn't throw away the "in the intake" choke that came with my 2 barrel intake? Because the intake itself is going to the scrap bin.

From everything I've read the Poston S-Divider is worth it's weight in scrap.
It's an okay intake. As manufactured, it's worse than the TA intake. Carve it up a bit, it's better, but still just slightly worse. And added to the fact the intake hasn't been made for nearly a decade and the company that did has been defunct for about the same amount of time, makes the TA intake the better, if only by default, choice.

MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
two and 4 barrel divorce and hot air chokes differ, you can keep it if you want. odds are, regardless of type, it's rotten beyond use.

olds307 and 403

olds307 and 403

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I had the divorced choke on my old Dodge van, I bent the rod rather then getting a replacement when the electric connector broke off. I used to not care for the hot air choke, you guys have convinced me it really is the best setup. When complete and set right it works great, It is trickier to get set right. I works great on the Dualjet powering the mighty 260. That TA 350 manifold looks great. The Poston S divider looks like the Edelbrock OLB4 intake which also sucks *ss.

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
My intake arrived in the mail today, it looks great! It has some whitish oxidation spots on it from sitting, but it should clean up well. It doesn't appear to have been used for very long. I'm gonna drop it off at the machine shop later this week so it can be mocked up to make sure it fits, and if necessary Bob will mill a bit off the intake side of the heads to make it fit just right.

IMG_20190326_161341819-2004x2672.jpg

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor