BUILD THREAD JRP's '87 Regal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I heard he had some BS excuse about working a lot and waiting on a scanner or something :sneaky:.
You work the entire afternoon and evening, get back at 11pm, and start trying to diagnose a big block suburban with no exhaust in the dark in the rain. :)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
When I "get back" from work it's usually to a hotel room. I don't have the luxury of seeing my car as much as you do.
Taking into account the similar thread length, I wonder who will have their big block running first?
:popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Assuming the recommended 8hrs of sleep for a human, an hour after work for dinner and shower, and an hour of screwing around puts you at 9am; what time do you go to work?

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Sorry guys, not much of an update to give. I'm waiting to hear from the machine shop to find out when I can get over there to paint the engine.

Work, shmerk... Get out there and wrench :wax:

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Assuming the recommended 8hrs of sleep for a human, an hour after work for dinner and shower, and an hour of screwing around puts you at 9am; what time do you go to work?
I leave at 1. As a rule of thumb I don't do Anything before work if I don't have to. I just don't. Always ends up biting me in the *ss or too close for comfort. Anyway... Back to Joe.

Nov 4, 2012
I used to work evenings at a local grocery store. I loved it. I started at 6pm and worked until 2am. Home by 2:30, never hit any traffic, got to sleep in until 10:30 or 11am then had the whole day to do what I wanted.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I used to work evenings at a local grocery store. I loved it. I started at 6pm and worked until 2am. Home by 2:30, never hit any traffic, got to sleep in until 10:30 or 11am then had the whole day to do what I wanted.
I mean, that's fine when you're bagging groceries. But in a place that's regularly 100+ degrees in the cool areas with no ventalation that smells like someone took a dump on an old basket ball (tire factory is where I work), you really don't want to wake up early and do a bunch of mechanical work before hand. When I worked 6am to 2pm i was all about that sh*t. worked outside 2pm till dark, usually about 8:30 during the summer. On friday and saturdays, to noise ordinance, about 10pm if I was being loud.

ANYWAY...
tyrone.jpg

Made that just for you. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I mean, that's fine when you're bagging groceries. But in a place that's regularly 100+ degrees in the cool areas with no ventalation that smells like someone took a dump on an old basket ball (tire factory is where I work), you really don't want to wake up early and do a bunch of mechanical work before hand. When I worked 6am to 2pm i was all about that sh*t. worked outside 2pm till dark, usually about 8:30 during the summer. On friday and saturdays, to noise ordinance, about 10pm if I was being loud.

ANYWAY...
View attachment 112755

Made that just for you. :D

Ha! :rofl: I love it!

I hate working in the heat, I sweat like a damn pig. Our shop isn't air conditioned like some of the fancier dealerships, so whatever the temp/humidity is outside, that's what we are working in. It sucks on the hot days in the summer.

What I think I look like after work on a hot day-
21f5ac6cd7c0565f3c88af259f17de92.jpg

What I actually look like-
drenched.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
When I was 20 I worked 14-16 hours a day, only needed three hours of sleep. I used to work on my own stuff all night and day. We didn't go out chasing women till after 10 o'clock at night. You younger kids are sipping! Sorry Joe for the hijack. I will go back to my hole now.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Upon learning that MrSony's Buick is in poor health, I figured I better get an update to restore some faith to the Buick folks. So I stopped by the machine shop today and got an update. Mike did some of the final work to the heads, he shortened the guides to proper length and honed them. He machined the exhaust and intake faces of the heads true. From there he and Bob mocked them onto the motor to check the fitment of the intake after machining the intake faces of the heads true. It fit much better this time, so I won't have to have the intake itself milled. It still will probably need a bit of RTV just to be safe. Also because I'm putting 76 heads on a 72 block, the coolant passages are slightly different. The later heads have two coolant passages in the middle of the head that the '72 doesn't have. So Mike bored them out and is going to press plugs in them. Next I've gotta get the intake bolts blasted and I'm going to get a black oxide kit to recoat them. Sorry nothing is really picture worthy, but since this thread is way overdue for pictures, I downloaded some random images from the internet that you guys should like- :mrgreen:

JACOBS Patent.png
John-Wayne.jpeg
tN9brAr.jpg
0004236_five-decades-of-sexy-kate-upton-2014-swimsuit-issue-back.png

• Haha
  • In Love
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor