BUILD THREAD JRP's '87 Regal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My bolts from diecast muscle cars came today so I spent some time installing them. I did the alternator bracket bolts, power steering bolts and the fuel pump bolts. I used the ARP kit for the water pump. I'm not going to replace all the timing cover bolts since they are already painted and they are the original grade 8s anyways. So I have a few spare ARP bolts for whatever odds and ends I might need them for. I think it looks much better. I'm sure I've said it before but janky and/or mismatched hardware is a peeve of mine.

View attachment 122891
So that's what the other half of the p/s bracket looks like. i gotta get me one of them. personally I like my combo of the v6 alt bracket (mainly for convenience) and the 350 p/s bracket. at least it's not the big car bracket that sticks the pump waaaaay up and out.

Nov 4, 2012
Worth $50?

7355.jpeg

7357.jpeg

7356.jpeg

It's a 1970 350 2BBL with TH350 and it's locked up. Brackets? Coffee table?

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The new hardware looks great Joe. I wasn't crazy about the yellow Cad plated bolts you had in the power steering pump bracket. There was nothing wrong with it. It was good hardware. I've just become really picky on hardware like you and the replacement stuff really looks the part. I've been disappointed with how the black finish holds up on the ARP stuff. I hope you have better luck than me. Your engine looks great. The attention to detail speaks for itself.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
A little Evaporust, fresh gas and a battery. Probably fire right up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
The new hardware looks great Joe. I wasn't crazy about the yellow Cad plated bolts you had in the power steering pump bracket. There was nothing wrong with it. It was good hardware. I've just become really picky on hardware like you and the replacement stuff really looks the part. I've been disappointed with how the black finish holds up on the ARP stuff. I hope you have better luck than me. Your engine looks great. The attention to detail speaks for itself.

Thanks Jared, I wasn't crazy about the yellow zinc stuff either. Matching hardware is just one of those OCD things of mine. This diecast muscle cars place is great, they sell brand new made in USA factory style hardware for Buicks. I hope the ARPs hold up, I've always liked their products.

A little Evaporust, fresh gas and a battery. Probably fire right up.

Probably need a little Marvel Mystery Oil too 👌

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Its worth $50 for the crank and rods. Not much else. No one makes cranks or rods and aluminum intakes are expensive. Everything else on it is the same from 70-80. Timing cover... Doubt its saveable but if the water and oil pump cavities are good...
Speaking of which... Joe do you have either of your old timing covers? In the market for a good factory one.

Nov 4, 2012
Speaking of which... Joe do you have either of your old timing covers? In the market for a good factory one.

Neither one of mine were any good so they went into the scrap bin. They are probably on a cargo ship en route to China to be made into iPhone cases or some junk.

I'll probably be getting back around to working on this pretty soon here.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Neither one of mine were any good so they went into the scrap bin. They are probably on a cargo ship en route to China to be made into iPhone cases or some junk.

I'll probably be getting back around to working on this pretty soon here.
Dang.
Also:
if yours doesn't make more than 211hp to the ground i'm gonna have to confiscate it for inspection. :p

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Just as a semi-educated guess, no less than 220, no more than 300 wheel hp, if/when you get it dyno'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor