BUILD THREAD JRP's '87 Regal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Cost me $80 for a chassis dyno session for a 1 and done. Technically it was 3, a test run to make sure it was working, a power run, the the guy got curious and said power was still climbing. So we made another. Shouldn't cost too much more. It was one of the dynos with the drums in the floor, not the ones bolted to the hub.

That's a little more reasonable. They bring one of those trailered setups out to different car cruises usually a few times a year, that might be the way to go.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Found this on the V8 Buick Forum...
head flow numbers. Stock #2 I think are the "smog" heads, there is a lot more "meat" in the ports so it chokes them down a little, but they can be ported more than the earlier 68-72ish heads that tend to crack if ported too much. That's really the other main advantage to the AL heads, the reliability after massive porting. The iron heads at their oldest are 51 years old, and newest 39 years old.
Head flow numbers.PNG

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Those of you interested in Buick stuff that have a facebook, I recommend you follow TA's facebook page for gems like this:
350heads.jpg

Yes, these are two ports from the 350 AL heads. I think it's at or very near max porting.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nov 4, 2012
It was a messy commute this morning but the Subaru did well despite everyone else sliding all over.

IMG_20190201_090852324_HDR-2672x2004.jpg
IMG_20190201_090814185-2672x2004.jpg

Still not messy enough to keep me from getting a weekly engine update!

Pistons still haven't come in yet. According to the tracking they shipped on the 23rd, and they have been at a distribution center about 10 miles away since early Tuesday morning. The tracking has said "on vehicle for delivery today" every day since Tuesday. I'm assuming the winter storms have had something to do with it.

Bob's assistant Mike has been plugging away on my cylinder heads and they are looking awesome. The spring seats have been leveled, the old exhaust seats have been ground out, and new ones pressed in. He's used the first milling tool on all of the intake seats and that tool cuts 7 angles. He will run a second, then a third tool, then blend the bowls and do a little porting by hand. The LPC valves came in, but Bob said after looking at them in person he didn't like them, so he sent them back and ordered a set of Milodon stainless steel valves. I got one quick picture of one of the cylinder heads.

IMG_20190201_120624524-2672x4207.jpg

I can't imagine the pistons won't be in by next week, and as soon as they come in we can start putting stuff together!

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor