Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
????????????????????/

Nov 4, 2012
I know I'm overdue for an update. Truth is not a whole lot has happened, I've just been busy with the other cars and stuff around the house. I did stop at the machine shop yesterday. Bob blasted the inside of the intake and cleaned all the carbon and goo out of the runners. Yesterday morning he mocked up the engine with the heads and the intake on it to see if and how much the intake manifold to head surfaces need milled. They do need milled a bit so he's going to mill the head side square first, then go from there.

That's really about it for now, I'll continue to update as progress is made.

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Man, Ol' Bob's (not to be confused with vanrah) attention to detail is top notch! (y)
Agreed. It seems glacially slow but it's worth it to get that level of attention to detail. Should be a great engine that he doesn't need to do anything to but routine maintenance.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Man, Ol' Bob's (not to be confused with vanrah) attention to detail is top notch! (y)

Yeah he definitely doesn't cut any corners. He spends a lot of time on even small details making sure everything is just the way it's supposed to be.

Agreed. It seems glacially slow but it's worth it to get that level of attention to detail. Should be a great engine that he doesn't need to do anything to but routine maintenance.

I was kind of hoping to have it back by now, but I'm certainly not in any rush. I'll take quality over quantity every time. Just routine maintenance is the plan :cool:

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor