Junk yard swap rear disks brake for G body 10 bolt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Does anyone know or have data on donor cars or trucks that you can get rear disk brake parts
off of to swap onto a G body 10 bolt w/ stock drums ?

I really want some ideas on a disk conversion prior to or during my rear gear upgrade project.

EME_Mack

Greasemonkey
I've been collecting parts for the 10 bolt on my camaro for a wile using s10 blazer parts. Its a 11.5" single piston sliding calliper setup with a drum park brake inside the rotor. you need to pull the axle to get all the components to do the swap since you need the calliper backing plate behind the axle flange. just make sure you get the rotors from a 2wd, the backing plate and callipers need to be from a 4wd since the 2wd models had staggered shocks. Or get 2 of the same side 2wd callipers and backing plate. You can also get all the parts new on rock auto. I would check some threads on the s10 forums or Nastyz28 If you would like a better idea since I haven't completed this swap I can't give first hand knowledge. Just remember that the g-bodys have symmetrical shocks and the 2wd s10 and 2nd gen camaros have staggered shocks

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
98-02 Camaro / F-body also works. For this or the Blazer, you will have to cut off part of the axle end and drill some holes, but it's no sweat. Search under ssn696 and I posted a how-to with pictures and diagrams. Many of the same tips would apply if you went the S-10 route.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Super cool humans at work here. Thanks for the tips....

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Thats a big 10 4 EME mack and yes my rims are 15"

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
image.jpeg
I did camaro rear disc
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Nice Northwest, So what size wheels will you run on this set up?

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
I've completed the swap from an 80's z28 Camaro, no issues. I got posi-trac now too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor