JUNKYARD G- BODY FINDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
There is a yard in Derry NH that has about a dozen 78’-87’ El Camino’s. Another in Wilton NH has a couple MC SS’ and Cutlass’. One 4dr is a diesel

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I've asked for cars from people and there not selling them but bam a week or to later the sell to the we buy junk car @$$'s for 250 300 bucks and I offered way more than those guys do. I don't get it. But on the other hand I do got a dude who has a yard and puts the potential cars off to the side in a separate area so there not getting crushed or parted out

Reactions: 2 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Any one from NM know of any yards to get from, it's slim pickings here in the north east part. If not I'll just go back and forth to CO to my usual spots till I can find places closer

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I must have a screw or two loose. As long as the weather in warmer than 20f, I'll go yarding. Even then, I've been out in colder weather. It's supposed to be 30f this Saturday. Guess where I'll be. Its perfect weather, no bees, no weeds to blind you from the finds, no mud or puddles to lay in while working. It's how i commune with nature.
It's also one of the few places that were open in Minnesota during the covid. So extra bonus to me. After a week of wearing a mask, it was one of the few places i could go and be left the F alone.

I would agree for the most part, above 20 degrees F is ok if not windy/snowing at the time. You have good points, no bugs, vegetation to deal with and not sweating. Definitely some pros to yarding in the winter. Just as long as snow cover is minimal or if you can go in a dry period.

Reactions: 1 user

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
The above yard put out a 85’ SS, friend of mine tipped me off. They got this car in March complete, I asked and one of the people who run the yard said he was keeping it. Fast forward to October and here it is, mostly stripped. Believe it was mostly done before being put out. Was rough but complete and could of been a driver or maybe project. Non AC, low option car, besides buckets/console pretty bare bones. View attachment 189771
View attachment 189772 View attachment 189773 View attachment 189774

September visited another yard that rarely gets anything new in, so these have been there 10-20 years, but always find more small items.

View attachment 189775

View attachment 189776
What a shame, that 85 SS was worth saving!

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I've asked for cars from people and there not selling them but bam a week or to later the sell to the we buy junk car @$$'s for 250 300 bucks and I offered way more than those guys do. I don't get it. But on the other hand I do got a dude who has a yard and puts the potential cars off to the side in a separate area so there not getting crushed or parted out
do you ever leave a business card in case they change their mind?

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
In the early '10s, over in Ontario you could easy find stuff in junk yards.

Now years later it's almost impossible, and you are forced to either choose online or drive over the border.

If anyone knows a good spot, would love to hear lol.

• Agree

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
There is an 80's El Camino two streets down from me. I have lived here 22yrs and that Camino has been there all this time. The only thing you can see from the street is the front grill. The hood serves as a shelf for boxes. I once talked to the guy as I was driving my 87 and he told me that he was going to restore it. That was over 10 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor