JUNKYARD G- BODY FINDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
There is an 80's El Camino two streets down from me. I have lived here 22yrs and that Camino has been there all this time. The only thing you can see from the street is the front grill. The hood serves as a shelf for boxes. I once talked to the guy as I was driving my 87 and he told me that he was going to restore it. That was over 10 years ago!
Yeah, they are always gonna restore them. Them they end up in some junk yard. Sad!

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Yeah, they are always gonna restore them. Them they end up in some junk yard. Sad!
While this happens far too often, it doesn't usually cost anything to let one sit for 10-20yrs covered up for 'that day' the restoring starts (if ever). Especially @ the prices then vs. now for something in the same condition.

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Any one from NM know of any yards to get from, it's slim pickings here in the north east part. If not I'll just go back and forth to CO to my usual spots till I can find places closer
Try Partshotline.com to look if anyone in your area lists through them. Or at least an area close to you. Better if someone here has a place to recommend, but gives another avenue.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Nope, just plain hard top. I assume they welded patchs on the window openings but it could have just been bondo for all I know. Didn't look at it close but wish I did. Also once found a G body with a red dome light lens like a ticket light.

One of the J pull junkyards i go to has a seperate gated area for whole operating cars for sale.
What yards are around NJ? Not really any near me.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
There is a U Pull It in New Eygpt, Friendship Auto in Tabernacle, and another U Pull It in Berlin-Cross Keys. All 3 are in Central and South NJ. There are several around Philly but I have not tried those yet.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
There is a U Pull It in New Eygpt, Friendship Auto in Tabernacle, and another U Pull It in Berlin-Cross Keys. All 3 are in Central and South NJ. There are several around Philly but I have not tried those yet.
Cool I’ll look into those. Been a while since I could walk in a junkyard.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Friendship has the most stuff but its also the least safe as they pile cars on top of each other, plus its super muddy. The other two don't stack cars.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I like this concept, if a G body is found in a yard, post up some pictures and what yard it's at (Name of yard/State/ town and phone number if possible). Any and all information to salvage any parts before they are all gone is a win win for both parties here. Sometimes things are right under our noses, and we never realize it!

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I like this concept, if a G body is found in a yard, post up some pictures and what yard it's at (Name of yard/State/ town and phone number if possible). Any and all information to salvage any parts before they are all gone is a win win for both parties here. Sometimes things are right under our noses, and we never realize it!
do you mean any junkyard that has a gbody, or one that specializes in older cars or G-bodies specifically? if the former then that's pretty easy, I already have a search pattern that does that for some junkyards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor