Junkyard Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Went junkyarding a few days ago and looked at damn near every car. Out of all of the cars there that aren't disgusting or were nice then had a car thrown on top if them for no reason, I came up with 4 I can get seats from.

2 2nd gen sunbirds (and 1 cavalier) or a sqaure body s10.

Which should I go with fitment wise? Leaning towards the sunbirds but the s10 seats look a little sportier. Blue s10 seats are the ones I saw at the yard, sunbird's are off Google as I didn't get a good pic of them myself.
20200519_152224_HDR.jpg
1994_pontiac_sunbird_2_dr_le_coupe-pic-10307-200x200.jpeg

Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Holy shcow, keep looking. Those suck IMHO.

We found a complete interior for $100, that is still in the 'fast couch'
fast forward to the 1:29 mark.

IMG_1795.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Hard pass on all.

Just gotta make a drive and keep you peepers open

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hard pass on all.

Just gotta make a drive and keep you peepers open

Not a fan of the high backs but seemingly everytime I find a set that I want they're either overpriced too far or they bail on the sale.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
if you are looking for buckets for cheap do not rule out minivans. Most will both recline, and fold flat. Because they are 2nd or 3rd row they do not get much use ( once you scrape the cheerios off ). Some are even heated. I picked up a set of heated seats for my Safari van out of a Kia for $60. Other than making a bracket to make them fit to the GMC tracks they were brand new and never used. Seats from another GMC were ripped, torn, worn and double the price

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
It's all personal preference, but I don't really care for the ones in the first post. Plenty of buckets out there, just takes some time, depends on how much of a hurry you are or what style you prefer. I personally find most newer seats an eyesore in our cars, even if comfortable, some look either too big or just out of place. But the period correct older stuff has drawbacks too, more years/wear, less features, etc. F-bodies should offer plenty of options, sticking with GM seats of that era and even into the 90's maybe makes it easier to bolt up a set too, less fabrication or need to get creative.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor