just a noob question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically by GM's body designation:

1978-1981 are A-body's

1982-1988 are G-body's

When they introduced the crappy FWD junk in '82 they gave them the A-body designation and changed the RWD platform over to the G-body designation. Why they didn't give the FWD car's the G-body designation and just kept with the A-body for the RWD cars I don't know.

patmckinneyracing said:
I hope he's referring to the newer malibus and not ours. G body malibus were not all 4 door sedans like everyone thinks sometimes. The malibu wagons are pretty sick when done up right.

ooo no trust me im not, im talking abou the current stuff.

patmckinneyracing said:
I hope he's referring to the newer malibus and not ours. G body malibus were not all 4 door sedans like everyone thinks sometimes. The malibu wagons are pretty sick when done up right.

Definently. Ive seen some BAD *ss malibu wagons. The chevy 350/th350 combo i have now was originally for a malibu wagon, but my uncle gave up on it cuz it was a total rust bucket.

everyone who has put down GM front wheel drives

any GM vehicle with the Buick 3.8L 3800 V6 is a helluva car as far as I'm concerned. That engine is incredible, and you can't say anything bad about one until you've owned one yourself. They have shittons of power, a wide powerband, and lots of torque. All of the torque alows the transmission diff. to be geared higher for better fuel economy w/o cutting power dramatically. These Buick 3800s also run for a VERY long time (excluding the Series II TPI. They are slightly less reliable because of heavy use of plastic parts) But most Buick 3800s will run well into the 260-290,000 miles w/o major problems, and only minor maintainance. (though the first gen SFI 3800 does usually need a timing chain after 220-230k) But these engines will allways put down the rubber. Once I buy a new O2 senosr for mine, I'll get a video of it before I kill it this summer. They also do GREAT in the snow. I've plowed through drifts 4 foot tall with mine with no problem, and I park in the alley behind my house, so every time it snows, i have 6" to 12" of fresh snow to drive through, and it's done it all winter w/o slipping a tire even once. My 90 LeSabre has 232,220 on it and counting, and it runs GREAT!!! I love my Buick, and I will never go another day of my life w/o owning one. You can always count on your Buick. When I buy a new LeSabre/Park Avenue, a friend and I are going to try to lift it 2-3" so as to have better ground clearance when driving through deep snow. It has managed to get me stuck once this winter because of the 4 inch ground clearance. 🙁

"Wouldn't you rather drive a Buick?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor