Just Another Wheel Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I figured this forum doesn't have enough "Will this Fit?" wheel questions as it is, so I have one more.

I have a set of 15 x 7 Buick Rally Wheels in very nice shape that I want to use on my Regal. They are 4.5" backspacing though, so I'm wondering what a "good" tire size would be. I want to use the same size in all 4 corners. Suspension is completely stock with the exception of Energy Suspension Poly Body Mounts. Wheel wells are all stock. Frame is not notched. Car is not lowered. I'd like to avoid using spacers if I can but I would be willing to if necessary. I was thinking along the lines of 215-70-15s but I'm afraid to buy a set for fear they may rub. Any input?

88olds32

Apprentice
Feb 10, 2014
I'd go with 255/60/15 in the rear and 235/60/15 up front. They are wider for a meaner stance and fill in the wheel wells much nicer.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Agree with other that have said 235/60/15 fit nicely with no rubbing and no spacers. Don't think you can go bigger on the front without rubbing and if you want to have all 4 the same it's a good size. Tire Rack has the BF Goodrich TA Radials on sale for $111 each. Are these the chrome rims? (picture attached) As these were available on the big Buick's in 15" and maybe the bigger bolt pattern, I assume you have already made sure they have the 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...TARWL2V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Mark

Attachments

• 17753.jpg
    17753.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 173
Nov 4, 2012
Agree with other that have said 235/60/15 fit nicely with no rubbing and no spacers. Don't think you can go bigger on the front without rubbing and if you want to have all 4 the same it's a good size. Tire Rack has the BF Goodrich TA Radials on sale for $111 each. Are these the chrome rims? (picture attached) As these were available on the big Buick's in 15" and maybe the bigger bolt pattern, I assume you have already made sure they have the 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern.
Mark

They are the exact wheel you have pictured. Yes, they are 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
I've always liked those Chrome wheels, I also like the all chrome SS1 Olds wheels, very similar. My 1st new car was a 78 Bonneville and I tried to find a set of these Buick wheels to put on it, just not easy to find parts then, (no internet to connect all of us car nuts) ended up putting wire wheels on it instead. Was funny, car had original wire hub caps on from Pontiac, they got stolen, insurance paid for new ones, and I bought wire wheels for $1 each cheaper than the price of the hub caps from Pontiac.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor