Just became owner of a 79 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
Just grabbed this 79 today.Its a one owner ,mileage unknown this is the second engine put in after the first went out.Not paying attention i can't remember if he said 305 or 350.Its a solid car has a faded macco repaint and a few surface rust spots.Drove it about 30 miles home half highway she rode good its one of the smoothest v8
ive ever heard run.For now just plan to run duals and new shocks and springs[its got the dreaded g-body bounce] and light work but not getting anything when i hit the brakes and the brakes are mushy so gonna change them and of course a full tune up. Then probly let it sit till next year i still gotta finish my 81 elco .Well heres some pics .
061620121195.jpg

also got to get a windshield mines cracked i can get one just hate the thought of changing them out.
061620121197.jpg

061620121199.jpg

061620121196.jpg

No more till i finish my 81, :wink: i hope.
061620121198.jpg

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
damn i think u really like el caminos lol .Looks like a nice purchase bro ever think about tuning it up and selling it .Get ya some cash to finish the 81 lol .anyways looks good imma get me one one day .

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Wow!!! Clean come up...man u making me wan to get an elko for a daily driver...going on CL LIST KNOW...hahaha ..what r ur plans for her?

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
damn i think u really like el caminos lol .Looks like a nice purchase bro ever think about tuning it up and selling it .Get ya some cash to finish the 81 lol .anyways looks good imma get me one one day .

That might be the plan to sell it but at the same time i wanna keep all three.
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Wow!!! Clean come up...man u making me wan to get an elko for a daily driver...going on CL LIST KNOW...hahaha ..what r ur plans for her?
Im hooked on these now and i stay on craigslist trying to find a deal :lol:

jking78 said:
Not one not two but three elco
Your a true elco fan lol
Ya im hooked my plan is to keep these,i lovem and i think it will be a good investment to start cleaning up these g-bodys and sitting on them.I know alot were made but there getting crushed daily around here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor