Just finished a long hitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Today was day # 70 on the pipeline job I just finished,thats not counting the month I put in before Christmas.
A lot of my days were 14 hours,the rest were only 12's.
Although I did have two sets of 2 days off,I didn't leave camp except for 2 trips to town for toiletries.
I learnt lots on this one,how to water the right of ways to freeze them up and working on the boring rigs used to bore holes under rivers.
I saw the pipe being welded together,sandblasted and coated and then tested for leaks with an ultrasonic device and another test that used electricity to check for cracks in the coating.
Then they dig the ditch and use sideboom cranes to lower the pipeline.
The pipepull comes after the hole is bored and is the most important part of the job for me.
I was the first one in for my company and the last one out.
I met lots of people and made some new friends.
Now its time for a few days off and on to another project that will hopefully take me to the end of April then its home for the summer.
This is how I support my G Body habit LOL
Guy

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
"Just draw stick figures drilling & laying pipe in the snow."

A bit cold for that, no?
Hope there's no shrinkage...….:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hope there's no shrinkage...….:eek:

I see what you did there!

1zzudh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
70 days in a Man camp, he's got other problems than shrinkage. If you're married, make sure you wife has current tetnus shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor