just finished my 86 SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
i have been working on a body restoration on my 1986 monte carlo SS for one year. i finally after a lot of blood sweat and tears, and my good friend being a paint and body man, have it done. this car was already nice, but now it is nicer! it is cyber grey; it has to many new or rebuilt things to name. one is the bumper cover/nose. new old stock. the car has 99,000 original miles but new/rebuilt engine and transmission. i am a professional transmission rebuilder "retired" but it has a remanufactured transmission so i haven't put my hands in that. the car is completely rust free, yesterday i put on a set of black widow venom 250 mufflers, it sounds fantastic! the inside is just as nice, but i will put in new carpet because i don't
ss (1).JPG
ss (2).JPG
ss (3).JPG
like the grey, i want black,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Winner
Reactions: 17 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
W 😍W!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks really good. Shining like a new dollar. But I couldn't help but notice it appears that the front "SS" emblem is upside down? Should be an easy fix.

Ironic that you don't put the word "yet" behind "...so I haven't put my hands in that." :)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
Looks really good. Shining like a new dollar. But I couldn't help but notice it appears that the front "SS" emblem is upside down? Should be an easy fix.

Ironic that you don't put the word "yet" behind "...so I haven't put my hands in that." :)
LOL. sharp eye you have there! you weren't supposed to notice the upside down ss emblem, but that is the way it wants to lay so that is the way it will stay for now. as far as the transmission it really works perfect, but! i have an old model one piece servo that makes the 2004R shift so nice i may put it in,,,,,,,,,,,,,

78Malibu496bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2023
beautiful ride! all the hard work pays off! Now those nice summer days just cant come soon enough for ya! lol. Happy for ya man!

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Very nice car! It’s great to see it when your hard work comes out looking good.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Looks nice all slicked up. Front and the back ones are upside down but like mentioned easy fix. If that's all that needs to be done it's nothing. Lot of work to get that far.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Congrats, great looking ride

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor