Just got my first project car , got some work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostkio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2020
This is a 1985 cutlass supreme I had recently bought it had to v6 in it we had took it out gonna be dropping a v8 in I just haven’t decided on what v8 , found out there is a lot of pieces for the car for sell I have just about everything tho beside Motor and trans

Attachments

• D4527AFF-F52B-4E7C-A76C-042036B7C4B3.jpeg
    D4527AFF-F52B-4E7C-A76C-042036B7C4B3.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: 1 users

Lostkio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2020
What do you plan on using the car for
Planing on this car to handle extremely good but the power to take off like a race car as far as what I’m gonna do with her might end up being a Daily for a while till I get a new truck

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
That's asking alot without knowing what kind of budget you are working with. You could do an aftermarket frame & suspension that would be 10k plus, an LS 4L80E 9inch combo for a powertrain for another 10k, or swap in a Buick 350 or 455 and stock replacement suspension for around 2K.
Guess it depends on how much you are willing to invest in it.

Lostkio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2020
That's asking alot without knowing what kind of budget you are working with. You could do an aftermarket frame & suspension that would be 10k plus, an LS 4L80E 9inch combo for a powertrain for another 10k, or swap in a Buick 350 or 455 and stock replacement suspension for around 2K.
Guess it depends on how much you are willing to invest in it.
With this being my first project and me not being doing with welding school ima not working with a lot so a 350 swap was gonna be more close to home. Doesn’t have to run like a corvette but I do need some fun out of it if you get what I’m saying

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
LS is cheap if yo can handle the wiring, if not, then the next best bet is a SBC. A properly built SBC can easily put out 350 HP on a budget ad be great fun.

If you're a student and want to learn then this is a great place. You need to come up with a budget for your driveline and a realistic HP goal. Keep in mind that your car was built with a sub 200hp motor, so any real performance motor will seem like night ad day compared to whatever you have now.

Reactions: 2 users

Lostkio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2020
LS is cheap if yo can handle the wiring, if not, then the next best bet is a SBC. A properly built SBC can easily put out 350 HP on a budget ad be great fun.

If you're a student and want to learn then this is a great place. You need to come up with a budget for your driveline and a realistic HP goal. Keep in mind that your car was built with a sub 200hp motor, so any real performance motor will seem like night ad day compared to whatever you have now.
Thanks for the information I was thinking L’s at first but seemed out of my budget but I haven’t been looking around yet , I’m thinking at lease 300+ hp if not 250 will do for now as much as I can get out of something that won’t cost me a fortune

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Keep your eyes and ears open and you never know what will pop up. What ever you do keep in mind your final goal. Your going to need a gear change and suggest you don't throw any money at the 7.5. I've played w/ SBC's my whole life, they are easy to get power out of and cheap. If I can help just ask.

Lostkio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2020
Keep your eyes and ears open and you never know what will pop up. What ever you do keep in mind your final goal. Your going to need a gear change and suggest you don't throw any money at the 7.5. I've played w/ SBC's my whole life, they are easy to get power out of and cheap. If I can help just ask.
I appreciate it and we both from Michigan wha up , if I need to help I definitely will ask this will be my first not tryna make any bad decisions if you hear about any good deals I’d be happy if you let me know .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor