just introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
hello everyone, ive just joined this site and wanted to intro. myself. my name is steve , im 37 and live in hamden ct. i joined this site to share and recieve knowlege and share the love of the g-body.I currently have an 86 cutlass that i started racing this year. it has an olds 350 .030 ,2320 pistons,#6 heads,cam is 214/224 .498/.498, street dominator single plane int.,750 vac. secondarys,3200 stal,and 3.73 w/ a locker(was a one legger til yesterdayjavascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink) my last time at the track was disasterous and very humbling with a one leg with a best of [email protected] reasons for being here in part are to make that better. im sure the locker will help, and does anyone out there have a similar combo, if so what do you run. ANYWAY, sorry for the long opening rant and look forwad to posting with you

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
Welcome to the site..

i have a 87 olds with 69'olds 350 w/ #8 heads ( 73-76) th350 an 3.42 gears....

im buildin another olds 350 that i might go with these parts... ( that i havnt started on yet ) my main goal is go put a 455 in it

Crane 284/292 adv duration. 480/496 lift
Edelbrock Victor intake
Comp 1.6 rollers
2500 stall
3.73s
im still new to the olds motors so any help an knowhow is a good thing

i havnt took my car to my local track yet because the weather has been crappy

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
this was my first olds motor,...luckily i have a few friends who are guru's with them otherwise iwould have built it like building a chevy and probably would have blown it up by now..(i wasnt aware of olds's oiling isues :eek: ).

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
B.T.W. where did you find 1.6 olds rockers, or did you splurge for the conversion to adjustable ones? also if you are interested i have a 2400 converter practically brand new(i bought it, installed it ,and it wasnt enough for my combo so it came out 1 month later) and im always willing to barter or sell for any items of = value... also i have many other parts for olds's so ask before you spend big$$$...I truly believe in this statement....why buy new when used will more than do.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I don't know much about Oldsmobiles...but I am guessing I am near 400 hp with a TH350 and 3.42s. I turned a 13.98. IDK if that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor