Just joined from Lancaster PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Hi, I'm Ray and I just joined this morning. I'm looking to find a 78-81 Malibu for my son as a project car. I had 2 malibus myself back when they were first taking off in 1990. I had a 78 with the factory 4 speed, non A/C 305 setup and a 79 automatic 267 car. Both cars got different engine combos, the 78 wound up with a 465 hp 357 in it with the stock 4 speed and a 3.42 10 bolt rear. The 79 got a 406 with a 3.73 Monte SS rear. Back then there wasn't much available so the 406 being an externally balanced engine I had a small 153 tooth flywheel externally balanced to utilize the factory metric starter with it. The 78, had a modified Lakewood Scattershield in it to utilize the bent clutch fork. I sold both those cars and got involved building the 70 Chevelle drag car I have now. I have always had a soft spot for the malibus and wanted to get another one. Now I think is the time. I have some potentials I am looking at so hopefully soon I'll have another. Here is a picture of my old 78.

Brian20Bousquet.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Welcome from Bucks County PA.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Ray from another Malibu guy. Mine is for sale, for 1/2 price! I was looking at Gate Way Classics yesterday & they had 4 listed.I thought they were over priced for the quality that I was seeing? Bias of course. Good luck with the search, Ole' Bob.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Lancaster, PA, Hello! (In my Larry King voice). Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor