Just joined hoping to find a lost love

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I owned a 1978 Grand AM which was THEE last NEW car I owned. Some 30 years ago.
I'd lost the car in a divorce and I'd like to find a replacement for it. Another Grand Am but this time hopefully a four speed. My 78 was loaded even with the Landau top. I just need a basic Grand AM now to tinker on.
My talents and budget are both limited. Paint and body work, I cannot do. Parts exchanges and minor repairs, that is my joy.

So if you can help, please no rust buckets and parts cars. Just a nice driver with a 4 speed to play with and enjoy. Thanks for anyone's help.

AZ

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Good luck in your search for a Grand Am. They are uniquely cool cars. I always had a thing for them. They're out there despite their rarity.

Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the welcome........my search has been rather halfhearted but at my ripe old age I had better soon get it before I'm too old to get it.:)

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the welcome........my search has been rather halfhearted but at my ripe old age I had better soon get it before I'm too old to get it.:)
Hey, age is just a state of mind....at least that's what I keep telling myself....:LOL:...until the aches and pains start catching up:confused:.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Age is deciding whether you want to bend down to pick something up or kick it under something because in time you will soon forget it and go buy another one believing you never owned it. I have noticed the concrete is now made harder than before and colder than before. No one told me of these changes in concrete. Thanks for the welcome from the Old Geezer section. Just follow the scent of BenGay to find it.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Age is deciding whether you want to bend down to pick something up or kick it under something because in time you will soon forget it and go buy another one believing you never owned it. I have noticed the concrete is now made harder than before and colder than before. No one told me of these changes in concrete. Thanks for the welcome from the Old Geezer section. Just follow the scent of BenGay to find it.
I can certainly relate. My problem is, sometimes I think I'm 30 yrs younger until it catches up to me at the end of the day.

No way of talking your ex- into giving up the Grand Am?

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey, watch those geezer jokes! Welcome. There are Grand Am's out there but a 4 speed is super rare. If you find an automatic model you can always convert it. This here site is the place for info and even parts. My own Bonnewagon is a converted 301 with a 4 speed. Snoop around and you will see lots of manual trans conversions here.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I can certainly relate. My problem is, sometimes I think I'm 30 yrs younger until it catches up to me at the end of the day.

No way of talking your ex- into giving up the Grand Am?
No, she destroyed it. Literally and figuratively as well. She really knew how to hurt me, in more ways than one. It was the dark brown
with gold on the bottom, I polished it so much I wore the paint out. I wasn't out at bars or chasing women, I guess the car appeared to be my mistress. Live, learn, heal and move on.

• Agree

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Hey, watch those geezer jokes! Welcome. There are Grand Am's out there but a 4 speed is super rare. If you find an automatic model you can always convert it. This here site is the place for info and even parts. My own Bonnewagon is a converted 301 with a 4 speed. Snoop around and you will see lots of manual trans conversions here.
Hey I like that RIGHT TOOL signage. I believe that the right tool should be in my right hand and stay right here instead of being the neighborhood Loan A Tool Program. It is a shame when I need to go "borrow" my own tool from a neighbor who "oooopsee" forgot to return it.
I thought about buying a real cheap set of CHINA tools to loan out to dissuade neighbors and if they did borrow and break the tool, I'd tell them it was a Snap On..........
I can do a 4 speed conversion if it's cost effective. Finding the right candidate is the key. Thanks for the post and included with your post you can get free Mentholatum Deep Heating Rub..........now where did I put that note????????????? I know it was right here with my missing tool.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
No, she destroyed it. Literally and figuratively as well. She really knew how to hurt me, in more ways than one. It was the dark brown
with gold on the bottom, I polished it so much I wore the paint out. I wasn't out at bars or chasing women, I guess the car appeared to be my mistress. Live, learn, heal and move on.
That's a shame. Some women can be quite vindictive, as you ultimately found out.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor