Just Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
It's worth whatever someone else will pay for it! That's how the collector market works and how value is determined. The fact of the matter is that there were a limited number of these T-Type packages manufactured and even less of them still around in good condition. The same way there were only 547 GNX package Grand Nationals and there were a few up for sale around 2008 for $40-50,000 the values were back and a new record high price was set when one sold for $165K in 2015

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's the idiots with deep pockets that skew our hobby. Supply and demand, sure, but the problem is, ONE guy sells his junk for 165K, now every dumbazz on the block decides their clapped out, rusty T-type is worth 40K minimum. Nah, sorry. It shouldn't work that way, but there's no end to the supply of dumbazzes in this hobby that thinks ONE outlier sale drives the market prices I'm afraid.

It takes a while of someone still owning that clapped out car they have up for sale 10-12 months later...still wondering why it's not selling...until they finally realize that the price is out of line. Here's a tip: that one idiot has already shown up somewhere else, he's not stopping by to buy your hulk. You want to sell it, ask a price you're willing to sell it for. If it's too high, the market will let you know.

Reactions: 1 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015

So here's a beautiful example of a lower mileage car that is priced realistically. I predict it will sell quickly unlike some that are fishing for some rich idiot who doesn't do his research.

Sucks for me being Canadian and the exchange makes this one more than I'm willing to part with.

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the cause of your frustration (bitterness?) regarding the current market trends on these cars now. Perfect deals are few and far between. Not everyone that is looking for a car is able to find the car that they want, in the condition that they want, for a price that they're willing to pay. Not every seller is able to sell the vehicle that they're offering up for sale for a price that they'd like to get. Its the nature of the beast. Some buyers never find their dream car. Some sellers never find their dream buyer. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your personal point of view, turbo Buicks have become more popular in recent years, which has driven up the price for nice ones. It has also driven up the price for ones that aren't so nice. T Types and Limited cars are more rare than GNs, so the prices fluctuate accordingly. Supply and demand. If you're looking for a T Type in a certain price range, patience and perserverance will be your greatest ally.
You used to have a nice T Type, didn't you (hence, your site name)? And if I remember correctly, you sold that car. Then you purchased the Cutlass that's in your avatar, correct? Do you still have the Cutlass? I think that's a very cool looking car. I like the wheel and tire combination, and the stance is good. If that was my car, I'd be driving the wheels off it.

Reactions: 2 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
I’m just giving examples of the un-realistic prices out there. It was for conversation only. I show the ridiculous and the fair.

This fantasy that “the market “ for “in demand “ Turbo Buick’s commands stupid amounts is just that.

There is a dying bunch of us that still like these unique vehicles but go over to turbobuick.com and see even properly priced, low mileage cars aren’t selling.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I think that car has potential to a buyer who doesn't have $25k to spend on a "finished" one. This car could very well be bought in the $12,500 -$13k range. Most of the Northern GBody's are going to need a floor patch. The interior looks to be clean. Engine bay looks clean. Front and rear fillers cost $350. Supply and demand is no fantasy. They made 20,000 GN's. How many people you think WANT one? Way more than 20,000 people, I guarantee. My GN is worth WAY more than my Cutlass. The guys on TB.com already own these cars, that's why they don't sell to well on that site. I didn't come to this Forum to look for my GBody. I came here once I owned one. My cars were found on Craigslist, where they can reach many more potential buyers. BTW, your prediction of the 2-tone was wrong... (8) days later, it has not sold.
Bottom line - It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Bottom line - If you don't like a seller's price, don't bash the guy, just move on.
Anyway, this is all for conversation only...

Reactions: 1 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Guess I should have clarified, look closely at the pictures. That car has rust where there shouldn't be. Prompting me to think that when you start to clean it up, it's going to be a pretty intense project. Meaning $$$$$.

Oh no, 8 whole days. Thanks for your analysis. My bad.

I could type paragraphs in disagreement with the rest of your post but obviously that's a waste of time.

I won't give any more opinions on cars for sale.

Thought this was a discussion forum.

I'll go hang out on audiforums.com . Most of those guys are dicks like me.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor