K 229 3.8 L V6 Loosening the Lower Drive Belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I just got my Fedex delivery for the Water Pump and Transmission Filter today. The Chiltons manual unfortunately covers the top (Alternator to Fan Drive Belt) it doe not cover how to loosen the bottom belt (From fan around Crank and Steering Pump)

20200609_114308[1].jpg

Anyone know how this belt is loosened? Thanks in advance.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I just got my Fedex delivery for the Water Pump and Transmission Filter today. The Chiltons manual unfortunately covers the top (Alternator to Fan Drive Belt) it doe not cover how to loosen the bottom belt (From fan around Crank and Steering Pump)

View attachment 148630

Anyone know how this belt is loosened? Thanks in advance.
Hello, If you look in the front under the water pump there should be a bolt there and on the back side in the rear of the pump (towards the bottom) if my memory is serving me correctly. Just loosen a little and push the pump inward toward the water pump.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Hope this helps!!!

Attachments

• wpp.jpg
    wpp.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 258
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor