K&N OIL FILTER LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1980 Chevy Monte Carlo with a small block Chevy 400 engine and I'm running the K&N hp-3002 oil filter I have it hand tighten and it seems to leak from the top down I can wipe the filter clean and drive the car for 5 or 10 minutes and check it again and it's leaking from the top down to the bottom of the oil filter anyone know what this problem is thanks

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
51060 and 51069 come to mind. I want to say the 69 is the longer filter and the 60 is shorter. I have a couple at work that I can check tomorrow if someone else doesnt chime in

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Not real sure, but for some reason 51060 popped into my head...Napa gold(same thing)1060...
Just checked online, those are correct. The 51061 is the long one. The long one I suppose could have interference issues if say your running headers. Maybe not, just something to consider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor