Keeping AC but eliminating computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So on my 86' Regal project I am keeping the AC hooked up but want to eliminate any computer related wiring I don't need, is there anything coming off that harness that I need for the AC to function properly.
And I already have a separate controller for the OD trans so I don't need that either.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I disconnected the trans wiring and was able to pull the harness up to get a full view of it and I don't see any connections on it that I think I will need.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IIRC, the AC wire was in the driver's side bulkhead connector. It's the light green that goes to the pressure switch and idle up solenoid.
Yes, I know I just wanted to make sure there is nothing I need coming off the computer harness for the AC.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Don't think so. I did cut a bunch of wires out that went across the backside of the dash for the cruise and idiot lights out, though
Yeah my cruise is on the driver's side and I tucked the wiring in the fender just in case I decide to use the ugly factory unit or find a better looking replacement and can tap into that wiring if I need to.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I did the same thing. All of the wiring on the passenger side bulkhead I removed. Nothing for the AC was in that.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I did the same thing. All of the wiring on the passenger side bulkhead I removed. Nothing for the AC was in that.
Thanks, good to hear.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You'll just need a pressure switch (high/low as a system safety) and a WOT disconnect switch (because free horsepowers!).

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You'll just need a pressure switch (high/low as a system safety) and a WOT disconnect switch (because free horsepowers!).
So do I need the computer hooked up and grounded for the pressure switch to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor