Key Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1980Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2019
Hi guys new to the forum. I apologise if this has already been answered but I have a 1980 Monte Carlo. The problem I have is the key will not turn back to lock. It starts and the key releases. So I tried replacing ignition lock cylinder but then I had the issue of the key being stuck in the ignition and not releasing. I'm not sure what to do here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
try tuning the upper part of the column by hand counterclockwise to release the key

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Does it have tilt steering steering and is the column tight? Check rear trans mount to make sure not broken

John1980Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2019
Solved! Thanks for the help guys, the column shift linkage was out of adjustment. I lifted on shifter and tightened up linkage now it works fine

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor