Keyless Entry Install - 87 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
You can have your car taken off the road by the cops for removing door handles. It's a safety issue if for any reason the door has to be open from the outside during an emergency.
I didn't do it, thats the way I bought it. Was kind of a pain since I have got the car to be honest but looks nice.

You would need a channel and output for each door. After that, it's just a relay to throw voltage at the pop solenoid. You could probably also just use the unlock pulse; that way, you could do driver's door priority- one unlock push gets the driver door, 2 pushes hits the passenger (if the system has the capability).
Yeah, I forgot to mention I was looking at one of those units that has the proximity sensors so would normally unlock the door when you walk up to it which could be an issue for door poppers. But the guy was saying to put buttons on the car to pop the door that only unlock when you are close or something. I stored the convo in an it wasn't worth doing yet or even taking all the time to program a second remote because at some point I will do the good system

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor