Kids these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea are auto shop ushally builds cars that go down to the detroit autorama each year, for the 2007 we took a 41 willys coupe 900hp engine fire paint job we placed 2nd but i forgot what class we were in but i kno the car that took 1st was also a willys that had like $900,000 dumped into i, we also had our 68 firebird down there.

in 06 we took a 1100hp fiat down there and took first in its class and also had a 56 pontiac starcheif that was completely restored that to 1st in the resto class

i graduated in 07 so i dont kno exactly what their taking down there this year i heard they were building a chopper and before i graduated i was working on a vega i think that aslo is goin down there

06 autorama the fiat
18732249_l.jpg

07 autorama 41 willys
18932788_l.jpg

07 autorama 68 firebird and damn look at that 80 monte in the back ground lol
19942547_l.jpg

and what i was wroking on before i graduated ahd should be goin to the 08 autorama all finished tho painted and blown 454
18829543_l.jpg

1980Gbody said:
yea are auto shop ushally builds cars that go down to the detroit autorama each year, for the 2007 we took a 41 willys coupe 900hp engine fire paint job we placed 2nd but i forgot what class we were in but i kno the car that took 1st was also a willys that had like $900,000 dumped into i, we also had our 68 firebird down there.

in 06 we took a 1100hp fiat down there and took first in its class and also had a 56 pontiac starcheif that was completely restored that to 1st in the resto class

i graduated in 07 so i dont kno exactly what their taking down there this year i heard they were building a chopper and before i graduated i was working on a vega i think that aslo is goin down there

Dude, your auto shop kicks *ss. The only car we worked on in my high school auto shop was a beat-up old 1984 Oldsmobile Firenza. That didn't exactly win any prizes, or did it ever actually drive again after we were done with it.

I drove my '83 MCSS to high school every damn day( I just graduated in '07) It was nothing special, its jet black and has Cragar street stars and flowmaster exhaust, autometer guages, dark window tint and headlight covers, and a pretty much factory interior. Everyone loved the car, and it was the fastest car in the senior parking lot. I dropped my bro off at school last week in it and you should seen the look on the little freshmans' faces, it was as if they had never seen anything that old before. I drove through the p-lot it seemed every car was one of those big-winged ricers...makes me sick.

As for the auto shop you guys had some pretty cool autoshops my senior project was.. a 1948 farmall gas tractor...I guess thats what I get for living in this little hick town.

from 1991 when I got my license until I graduated in 1993, I had a seriously beat 1974 Nova SS. A friend of mine however, rocked a gorgeous black-on-black '79 Grand Prix (which is where I got my interest in G-bodies). He blew up the 301 screwin' around one night out on a back road, and a month later it had a 400 Pontiac built nearly to RA IV specs. That car was a hairy ride. Over 110 it was a handful to keep on the road (especially with the beautiful roads out here in Ohio farm country). Couldn't keep a differential in it, and when he finally found a limited slip that'd bolt in, he scattered the poor TH200 all over the place. He later pulled the engine/trans and sold it and the car separately. I still give him hell for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor