MALIBU Kind of an odd one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Stopped by a friend's place a few days ago and he had this there.

powersedan.jpg

He is in cahoots with a guy that buys G bodies for the frames for the dirt track guys. My friend does the disassembly, and gets to sell off what he can. Claims the original idea was to sell the car whole as an enduro car, but he has a couple already he can't move, so it'll probably get parted.

The weird part is that it looks like just your run of the mill Malibu sedan, but the thing has power windows, power vents, and a power bench seat. Aside from that, nothing special...nor delay, AM radio, no tilt Just thought it was weird, as I really don't think I've ever run across a power bench in a Malibu. I've seen power 60/40s, and 1 or 2 bucket cars, but a solid bench in power?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Keep in mind that was built towards the end of the check the box ordering so anything is possible with the earlier built cars of the 4th gen A/G bodies.

Pit Crew

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2018
Kinsman, Ohio
My 80 Malibu has tilt wheel as only option. It does have delay wiper switch but does not have delay wipers. Looking for header for my Malibu and a few other parts if you buddy is selling.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It's a 78, header won't do you any good

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
when is he gonna have a two door for your wagon project?

Said dirt track guy (Mark) has a couple,I've been trying for over 3 years to get to see them. He is INCREDIBLY lazy. 2 and a half years ago, he pulled the trans out of his dually to get rebuilt, got it back, still not in truck. My buddy even offered to come help him put it in, but Mark has an excuse for everything. Has a network of "friends" (victims) that are storing cars for him all over the state. We keep telling him that the day is going to come that some of those old guys are gonna die and the heirs are going to scrap all his treasures, but it doesn't seem to motivate him.

Funny part is, I sold this guy a 71 Chevelle roller in 1994, yep he still has it, nothing done to it. It was pure chance that I reconnected with him, my buddy had been talking about a Mark for a couple years, and one day the town his folks are from (and where the Malibu coupes are) came up, and that's when I realized that it was the same guy I sold the Chevelle to.

Buddy told me Monday he's parting the sedan, and told Mark he had a month to get his other stuff out of there or he was going to part it all. He has been trying to get the coupes and some other more desirable stuff out of Mark's place, but, well, see lazy above.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor