KKOOL LITTLE READ!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Cool write-up. Thanks for sharing the story, Will. (y)
Glad to see that it was resurrected and not given up for dead.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I love it.

I really like where he mounted the Holley tablet. I think with some refinement it would really look at home there.

017-chevy-malibu-wagon-holley-digital-dash.jpg

And if you still want to have those vents, You could even take a page out of autometer's book and do what they did for the gauge panels in Foxbody mustangs

18250101_L_664de212-210f-4efe-b56c-19ccf2f0560d.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I kind of understand where he's coming from with it. Some cars you want to be shiny and pretty. Other times the age, character, bumps and bruises tell their own story.

My white truck is teetering on the latter category. Had I owned it through acquiring those bumps/bruises there's no question I'd keep it that way.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I kind of understand where he's coming from with it. Some cars you want to be shiny and pretty. Other times the age, character, bumps and bruises tell their own story.

My white truck is teetering on the latter category. Had I owned it through acquiring those bumps/bruises there's no question I'd keep it that way.
It's much less stressful if your ride isn't shiny and pretty. I will also drive that shiny one less and not get to really enjoy it

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
My 69 Cougar is shiney and as much as I love driving it I can leave it anywhere. My unrestored stuff gets far more use and frankly is more fun in many ways.

nkula

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2020

Now that was an excellent read! i just bought a junkyard 1981 Malibu Classic Wagon and have been building a sbc 357 (.040 over). This article gives me huge hope for the fun im about to have after shes together enough to drive again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor