Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Unfortunately, there are a couple issues that probably will kill it

Been sitting in a field for 10 years, gonna take a full hazmat suit to clean out the rat debris (mostly underhood)

Belonged to seller's deceased family member, and they don't have/won't look for/can't find a title for it.

Too bad, because the sheetmetal is nice, except for RF door and tailgate

Sometimes you just have to tell opportunity to go away
Brian,
I didn't think it would be beyond having issues. I could understand what you're saying about being fitted with a full hazmat suit. However, It does look like it has nice sheetmetal, though.
Having no title is a turnoff as well. I guess the car has become a memorial to their deceased loved one.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Not to be flippant, but glad I’m starting from a better place. That said, I’m sure my wagon needs plenty of work I haven’t discovered yet. Not to mention once I’m all-in on the restomod, there will be little mechanically that remains stock.
In that respect, you're more fortunate than many. Coming across a clean survivor like yours is like hitting the lottery.

Reactions: 1 user

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Still waiting on parts for my newer phone. Here's a pic taken with my 9 year old potato phone instead.

Attachments

• 43672996_177916119764167_3294337042422431744_n.jpg
    43672996_177916119764167_3294337042422431744_n.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 188

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looking good, man.
I dig the vintage hood tach. Nice touch..You also can't go wrong with a set of period correct Torque Thrust wheels.

• Agree

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Looking good, man.
I dig the vintage hood tach. Nice touch..You also can't go wrong with a set of period correct Torque Thrust wheels.
The best part is that those are a cheap knock off set of wheels ;)

They used to be cheaper than American Racing when I got them a couple of years ago by about 30-40 dollars each. Now they're almost on par price wise with AR. They're good rims too! The tires haven't lost any air sitting around, they're pretty light, and well... they look like Torq Thrusts. The nice thing about them is that you can buy different caps for them, and I haven't put em on yet, but I've got spinner caps whenever I feel like putting them on. I'm not sure how it'll look, but for 10 bucks a piece (at least when I bought them) I figured it couldn't hurt to try them.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-141h5761gm-7
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-141h5861gm0
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-c141-ts/

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The best part is that those are a cheap knock off set of wheels ;)

They used to be cheaper than American Racing when I got them a couple of years ago by about 30-40 dollars each. Now they're almost on par price wise with AR. They're good rims too! The tires haven't lost any air sitting around, they're pretty light, and well... they look like Torq Thrusts. The nice thing about them is that you can buy different caps for them, and I haven't put em on yet, but I've got spinner caps whenever I feel like putting them on. I'm not sure how it'll look, but for 10 bucks a piece (at least when I bought them) I figured it couldn't hurt to try them.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-141h5761gm-7
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-141h5861gm0
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-c141-ts/
You could've fooled me. They still look like the real deal and certainly have the look. Sometimes you don't need to spend a lot of money for great looking wheels. ;)

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What are your further plans for it....paint, etc?

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
What are your further plans for it....paint, etc?
Not sure yet... right now I like the way it looks, but it needs some body work for sure. But aside from that, it needs new door seals all around, new front door window moldings and seals inside and out, a new rear hatch seal, and new rear hatch struts. While I'm doing all that, I'll work on blacking out all the chrome trim around the doors, rain gutters, and the rear hatch window.

After the body is sealed up good, the passenger quarter has a small patch of rot right by the wheel well, and the rear windows have rust in the back lower corners, and there's a hole in the floor under driver's seat from somebody (myself or my Uncle) losing a pair of double A batteries under the carpet years ago. Nothing a body shop (even a mediocre one) can't handle though so I'm not worried about it. Might have them install the polyurethane body mounts I got while they're at it. There's also a hole in the frame right where the rear bumper struts mount on the driver side, but that's non-load bearing and again, a good body shop will be able to patch that.

As for paint... if I ever DO paint it, it'll likely be a matte blue... either a Federal, or a Royal Blue while maintaining that flat black hood detail. Either way, I think it will look good with the flat black trim that all used to be chrome. With the only thing on the car that resembles Chrome being the wheels, it'll make them stand out all that much more. (The chrome trim around the wheels, doors, and rocker panels have already been taken off with no plans to reinstall)

If I wanna be really fancy, I'll do white along the bottom belt line sorta like this: (Just imagine the colors in any way you'd like.)

Attachments

• LOL this is awful.jpg
    LOL this is awful.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor