Lawn ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
I saw this in Dagsboro, Delaware. Anyone know what it is? It didn't have a for sale sign. It looked interesting

Attachments

• 20170824_171144.jpg
    20170824_171144.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's an old Ford van from the mid 1960's

5561319467_4432c0c92e.jpg

2efaddb05e383a44af6ced5f7d8d1091.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
As Steve pointed out, Ford Econoline pickup. Those things are pretty cool, and you don't see many around these days. I had the windowless van version back in the early '70's...and my former brother in law had the pickup version which I had driven. Once in awhile one pops up at a cruise-in/ car show.

The Dodge version is the A-100, like the Lil' Red Wagon from back in the '60's and '70's.
That puppy looks like it's ready sit up and beg.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As Steve pointed out, Ford Econoline pickup. Those things are pretty cool, and you don't see many around these days. I had the windowless van version back in the early '70's...and my former brother in law had the pickup version which I had driven. Once in awhile one pops up at a cruise-in/ car show.

The Dodge version is the A-100, like the Lil' Red Wagon from back in the '60's and '70's.
I really get a kick out of all the young members that aren't familiar with vehicles we grew up with. Makes ya FEEL old. Just the other day I was talking to 3 guys in they're 20s+30s and I told them about my Chevette 300hp project that my son is finishing up in Dallas,they didn't even know what a Chevette is. Get the urn ready LOL

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY

So I previously said Dodge 'cause it had been awhile since seeing one. Obviously Steve proved me wrong which is ok since he is a knowledgeable smart a$$ lol!!!!

The dodge looked similar....headlights are different....
1966-dodge-a100-pickup-front-three-quarter.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
So I previously said Dodge 'cause it had been awhile since seeing one. Obviously Steve proved me wrong which is ok since he is a knowledgeable smart a$$ lol!!!!

The dodge looked similar....headlights are different.... View attachment 72618
Scott,
You're right. The Dodge looks very much like the Ford version.,,and even the Chevy vans in that age group had a similar appearance, but they did not make a pickup based on the van body, like Ford and Dodge did.
In the small picture it's almost hard to tell whether it was a Ford or Dodge...until you blew up the picture and got a closer look at it.

Btw, that Dodge A-100 pickup is a beauty.

• Agree

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I really get a kick out of all the young members that aren't familiar with vehicles we grew up with. Makes ya FEEL old. Just the other day I was talking to 3 guys in they're 20s+30s and I told them about my Chevette 300hp project that my son is finishing up in Dallas,they didn't even know what a Chevette is. Get the urn ready LOL
Doug,
We're from an entirely different era. I'm usually pretty good about spotting and identifying different '50's and '60's vehicles...and some '30's and '40's cars as well.

I'd like to see pics of your Chevette project. A woman down the street from me has one. It's a 2-dr with rusty and dull patina. She loves the car, though. I could picture putting a later GM twin cam 4-cyl. Ecotech type engine in it with a factory supercharger.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Doug,
We're from an entirely different era. I'm usually pretty good about spotting and identifying different '50's and '60's vehicles...and some '30's and '40's cars as well.

I'd like to see pics of your Chevette project. A woman down the street from me has one. It's a 2-dr with rusty and dull patina. She loves the car, though. I could picture putting a later GM twin cam 4-cyl. Ecotech type engine in it with a factory supercharger.
Jack, even though I'm edging in on 34, I have an appreciation for all era's of cars. My dad taught me enough growing up that I can spot, and usually name most of what I see. I'm more proficient with impala's and such, and can usually tell what they are by seeing headlights, taillights, etc.

I agree though, most people in their 20's and even 30's have no friggin clue about old iron. However, I do enjoy messing with guys at shows or out and about calling their dodge a pontiac, or buick a ford :D!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor