LCA bushing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1985MonteSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2020
Anyone ever have problem installing new front lca bushings because they are too loose?
My issue is with the larger diameter bushing. It slides in place (fully seated) by hand with ease. Because of this, I used a chisel to dent the lip inward in several spots where the sleeves ride. I then pressed the new bushings in place. My question is, can the sleeves be welded to the control arms for good measure? Or should I not worry?

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I cleaned and painted everything while it was apart. I ordered my bushings from PST and they were wrong. Had to send my old bushing shells to them to get the correct ones.

Attachments

• KIMG0390.JPG
    KIMG0390.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 108

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks! I use a rag with my favorite cleaning soap (Ivory Liquid) stolen from the wife. I find taking out the wheel to be the easiest way to change plugs!

I went after the undercarriage of my truck last year in a similar manner having gotten it squeaky clean the year prior. Took some rubbing to get the salt and brine off but 100% worth it.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Good clean up! I ran the same setup you have for a few years from Just Brakes. Then went to the dual piston S10 caliper/spindle setup. What a difference! I took out all the PST stuff I had since I got tired of the hard ride and went back to rubber bushings! Soft is easier on my behind.
1611543594361.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor