LEAD: Need that elusive heater blend door clip? GM p/n 1224062 is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Everyone knows the 1224062 heater blend door pivot clip (the little white squeezable deal that invariably gets old, brittle, breaks, and goes missing) is hard to find new. And NOS ones are far and few between. If you do find them, they're pricey. Gbodyparts has them (how long, I dunno. I just saw them tonight by accident) for $15 each. Kinda pricey too, but where you going to get them? Just thought if someone needed one for fixing their heater blend door rod CORRECTLY.

It's the white piece in the pic below. The pivot is shown upside down.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OEM probably does have nylon in it. It's pretty durable for what it is. But when it gets 30-40 years old, either the pivot arm gives out or the little clip breaks. I do not know the makeup of the repro clip. But it's better than nothing.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The clip is 6 dollars at Gbodyparts.com, but then you have to pay shipping. It's $15 on ebay shipped from those guys. Plus any taxes.
There's some NOS ones on ebay as well, but, well, you'll pay more for those.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
After reading that I went back and looked for the clip. How could I have missed that? I checked there first. It's listed under Buick parts, but not Oldsmobile. Go figure.

Do what I do and buy $200 worth of parts and throw that in to justify paying the shipping
good person cbc GIF by Kim's Convenience

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor