Leaking water into interior passenger side help

Status
Not open for further replies.

madkickz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
What should I seal this leak with? It appears to be leaking from this little plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the passenger side and it is leaking under my carpet. I'm going to store the car in the garage and try and figure this thing out. I reckon it could be related to the heater unit which I hear is common. What do you guys recommend I do first?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,233

madkickz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
If you look under the feather of the arrow there is water and condensation leaking off that black plastic as well

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Toward the left in the picture I see what looks like a streamer of coolant. I think your heater core may have given it up.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Happy to admit I am wrong. There is a rectangular drain flap on the bottom of the plenum, accessible form the engine side, make sure it's not blocked with leaves and dirt.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

madkickz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
You were right that vent was very clogged. So I got it all cleaned out. Now since it's not raining out I'm going to hit it with the hose. Where should I spray? Where's does that vent provide drainage for?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The vent drains condensate off of the evaporator core, and any water that gets into the HVAC case. Spray the passenger side of the windshield and let the water sheet flow down.

madkickz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
Okay so I ran water down the passenger side and front windshield and still I'm leaking from this hole. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 452

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm guessing the water is running down the inside side of the firewall and then coming out that plug. Look at the passenger side of the cowl for cracked seam sealer or some place for the water to get in. If possible try to trace the water to the highest point on the inside.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I just have a rubber floor mat positioned just right to catch the water. I really liked when the back passenger floor pan filled with rain water, adjusted the door and RTV the weatherstrip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor