LEAKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Ive had my car since 07, and it only leaked when I first bought it because the hvac vent was plugged. Long story short, my car sat outside for the first time in a few years for the last 2 months, and the floor was SOAKED. It was mostly the drivers side that was completely saturated, the passenger side had a little moisture. Where could it be leaking from? Any common issues?
I am thinking maybe the windshield. Let me be clear, it is NOT a heater core. It isn't coolant, and its mostly on the other side. It was rain water. Are there any other common leak points on these cars I don't know of?

Thanks!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The sealer at the top of the heaterbox to the firewall will dry out and crack. At least that's what I found on mine. Also, if the drain is plugged with debris, it will dam up into the car.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since you are saying mostly on the driver's side I would start with the windshield first.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pull the stainless at the windshield base & start looking, next would be the under the A piller & top trim. I've delt with fixing leaks all around the windshild from leaves & dirt built up under them. The other would be the urethane failed or is hiding rust under it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor