LED Conversion Odd situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locus2298

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2021
Hello fellas and felletes,

I did the led conversion on my 86 MC CL. Turn signals, parking lights, you name it, all LED. I bought the Novita HD12 flashers, which, when in daylight and car lighting is off, both turn and hazard work like charm. However, if I turn on my lights, let’s say going out for a night ride, just the hazard works, the turn signals does nothing. Something that is interesting is that, when all the lights are on and I activate the hazards, the third brake light “blinks” as well in perfect harmony. Is the third brake light causing this issue? Again, just happens with the turn signals and just when all the other lights are on. Thanks!

The third brake light bulb I used is a 2 contact led bulb. Just wanted to point that.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
It's probably the Novita HD12 flasher it doesn't work with all LED setups properly. Try a CEC EF32RL and use the ground wire.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor