LED conversion????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I was reading old threads on the subject and ran accross Truck-Lite very nice. I really like the all black look. So I look on ebay $550.00 for all 4. Is this an example of what to expect for a good conversion? I just paid an unGodly $2,500.00 for my Choo Choo nose, I would like to do the headlight swap while installing the nose, but $550.00!!! Any GOOD alternatives?

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
Truck-light is the original... Should be able to find the 5*6 H/L beam version for ~160. Each range
JW speaker is 2x the truck-light version plus have heated leanse for anti-snow/ice..
There plenty of others.. though cheaper seams cutt-off, effective light throw, quality, light color goes down.. even the H4 LED conversion suck worse than the $30-40 silver Star sealed beam headlights

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I just checked a company named Top Gear Auto Sport, they have 4 black LED headlights for $229.00 that are listed for an 80s Silverado.

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
Aren't the truck/f-body lights smaller?
Pending year and option they ran both 4*6 (4 headlights) and 5*7 (2 head lights)
Mainly Firebirds with pop-up head lights ran with 5*7

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I bought and returned the Top Gear Motorsport. Supposed to be “plug and play “ what a joke. I just ordered a set from Headlight Experts that cost more, they promised me on the phone that I use the factory pigtails and nothing else. We’ll see next week I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor