LED Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I bought some red LED bulbs for my 86' Regal tail lights to see if they are bright enough, they look good but would not flash with the turn signal on after only putting in 1 bulb so I went and bought a new flasher that is supposed be compatible with both incandescent and leds but still won't flash, what is everyone using that actually works.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So I bought some red LED bulbs for my 86' Regal tail lights to see if they are bright enough, they look good but would not flash with the turn signal on after only putting in 1 bulb so I went and bought a new flasher that is supposed be compatible with both incandescent and leds but still won't flash, what is everyone using that actually works.
I'm using two CEC EF32RL's for all the lights in the Cutlass. They are LED flashers and legit. Check out my build thread.

Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i had to use the supplied polarity reverse adaptor that came with my electronic flasher to change the polarity.I'm running digi tails in the rear,nothing special in the front. they said i only needed to run one electronic flasher for just led's in the rear.if i was running leds in the front also i'd have to change the hazard flasher to an electronic one also.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Other than grounding the flasher did you have to do anything extra to make the leds work right, after already buying a flasher that was supposed to work seeing over 20% of reviews on Amazon saying it didn't work for them bothers me.
https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar
Nope. Literally grounded the flashers, then made sure the bulbs were plugged in correctly as they are polarity sensitive. LED tech has come a long way and the new bulbs are ready to roll. When I was troubleshooting my lights a few weeks back my culprit was older style LED bulbs that weren't designed to flash, just light up. If I hit the turn signal either way all lights flashed.
I isolated the issue and voila. The newer bulbs are dual function to allow flashing. If you didn't see I'm using Sylvania LED's that I got from Autozone, Oreilly and Advance...I just price shopped and had them fight each other.

Reactions: 4 users

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Nope. Literally grounded the flashers, then made sure the bulbs were plugged in correctly as they are polarity sensitive. LED tech has come a long way and the new bulbs are ready to roll. When I was troubleshooting my lights a few weeks back my culprit was older style LED bulbs that weren't designed to flash, just light up. If I hit the turn signal either way all lights flashed.
I isolated the issue and voila. The newer bulbs are dual function to allow flashing. If you didn't see I'm using Sylvania LED's that I got from Autozone, Oreilly and Advance...I just price shopped and had them fight each other.

When you say polarity sensitive, how do you know the correct way to plug them in. I seen your video last night and I hit oreilly. I purchased the zevo and when I install them one way they are super bright however they won’t flash. I installed them the other way and they are dim but do flash. However when I went for a drive my flasher do work, but the green flasher lights stay lit on the cluster.... I’m using them on the bottom front.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
When you say polarity sensitive, how do you know the correct way to plug them in. I seen your video last night and I hit oreilly. I purchased the zevo and when I install them one way they are super bright however they won’t flash. I installed them the other way and they are dim but do flash. However when I went for a drive my flasher do work, but the green flasher lights stay lit on the cluster.... I’m using them on the bottom front.
They "should" only plug in one way. I didn't use the Zevo bulbs, but the model down in price but that shouldn't matter.
So you're saying the turn signals flash, but indicator on dash stays solid? There are two flashers under the dash....one for hazards and one for turn signals....replace both.

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
They "should" only plug in one way. I didn't use the Zevo bulbs, but the model down in price but that shouldn't matter.
So you're saying the turn signals flash, but indicator on dash stays solid? There are two flashers under the dash....one for hazards and one for turn signals....replace both.

I’m going to have to get 2 new sockets because I was able to screw them in different ways. I’m telling you, one way they are super bright but don’t flash, the other way they are dim and do flash. Yes at night, we’ll with light on my indicators stay lit, but they do flash left or right meaning one stays lit the other flashes. I drive my baby to work everyday day and at night it sucks that’s what began this quest for a brighter future. Also I purchased the 60 dollar sylvania ZXE 9004 and they don’t change a thing but the color, anyway that’s another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor