Led h4 light ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertscova

Greasemonkey
Jun 27, 2015
I read quite a few post on the subject. And in most people suggested using a relay as to not burn out the headlight switch. A typical halogen bulb draws just over 4 amps and the leds im going to use only draw 2.1 amps so do i really need to use a relay?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not in my experience. That's half the reason to go to LEDs, to reduce electrical load.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
To split a frog hair 4 ways, if said LED bulb is designed to operate up to 14.4vdc (average auto alternator output) and has an unregulated power stage, then yes, removing the resistance of the headlight switch will help. Bottom line: they'll work fine. If you want to get crazy, install the LEDs, relays, and have a few drinks. They might be brighter; who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor