LED Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

njRegal86

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have heard of these LED headlights or if you've got LED headlights? I'm just trying to find out if you guys think these would fit or if I'd have to modify my headlight buckets? They seem like a good deal and are pretty highly rated. Would be cool to add them to my wish list.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013TT9TE6/?tag=gbody-20

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
They should fit just like the H4 headlight conversion. the only thing would be I would run a headlight relay kit to protect your electrical headlight wiring from overloading.

njRegal86

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah I thought so, just trying to make sure. I'd probably get the relay harness too considering its in the "frequently bought together" box. Thanks for the help.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
did you read the reviews?

"I know the question is old, but for others wanting to know, These lights are not DOT/SAE compliant. The wattage is not the only thing that makes lights compliant, it is also the beam pattern. These lights do not have the same beam pattern as actual headlights and will blind any other traffic"

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Missed that, thanks for the heads up. Guess I won't be getting these.

I spend, actually wasted, a bunch of money when the HIDs came out. I bought a few different conversion lenses that would bother the oncoming traffic and I had to adjust them down. I finally woke up and bought Hella conversion lenses which have a pattern beam so I can point the headlights further down the down giving me better visibility without bothering oncoming traffic. I have the bi-xenon 4300k for the hi/lo and hid 4300k for the high beam

g9s8r

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2018
I spend, actually wasted, a bunch of money when the HIDs came out. I bought a few different conversion lenses that would bother the oncoming traffic and I had to adjust them down. I finally woke up and bought Hella conversion lenses which have a pattern beam so I can point the headlights further down the down giving me better visibility without bothering oncoming traffic. I have the bi-xenon 4300k for the hi/lo and hid 4300k for the high beam
Do you have a link to that Hella conversion? I'd like to check that out. I'm undecided on whether to try and find an LED conversion or HID conversion.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm in the minority but I really like my headlight setup, I have had buddy's drive in front of me and come the other way and they say they are bright but not blinding to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor