LED light conversion help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnk01

n00b
Feb 3, 2020
I currently have a 1985 Monte Carlo SS. I converted the headlights to an LED system which had a relay and work perfectly. I switched the front parking lights and the front side marker lights to LED and they aren't working correctly. I switched to an LED flasher unit so they all flash correctly but the side marker lenses do not stay on when the LED bulb is installed in the parking light socket but they do flash correctly with the signal on. They work correctly with the standard bulbs in place.

Any suggestions?

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
This may sound silly, but i'm assuming your using the #194 bulb style??......I have had issues with the led lights not working, and had to unplug and turn the bulb 180 and reinsert. Perhaps this may be your issue, not sure ...Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

johnk01

n00b
Feb 3, 2020
They are the 194 and I've turned them several times. They work correctly when the standard bulb is in the parking light. I haven't tried the rears yet. It has to be something with the difference in draw with the LED's.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The side markers pull ground through the turn signals to alternate with them. Since the D in LED is diode (electrical check valve), they won't work as the factory intended. This leaves you 2 options: make the side markers either turn or park, but either way requires a dedicated ground to the side marker.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

johnk01

n00b
Feb 3, 2020
That's exactly how they are working now, as blinkers only. Now it makes sense. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor