Led lighting ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Since this thread is up top, does anybody have a definite on what the passenger side kick panel bulb number is??? Online there are like 4 possibilities, and my bulb is missing so I'm not sure which one it is. The definite is the bulb is a push and turn style like an 1156, 57, etc. Superbrightleds shows a 1891 which I've never seen, or an 89 which could be a variant of the 1891.
Any and all help is appreciated, I wanna get the right bulb.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
img_1722-png.71609

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
See that’s what I thought when I put leds in the cutlass. The flasher relay there was over by the radio up under the dashboard. Took me a while to find it but just an FYI

Reactions: 1 user

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Your hazards flash because there is enough load on the flasher (resistance in the bulbs) with ALL the bulbs working. When you use a turn signal, there is not enough resistance in the led's to make the flasher flash, thus coming on solid, as if a burnt out bulb. You'll need an LED flasher or resistors at the sockets.

I have led tails in my 80 malibu, mine must have more resistance than yours because mine flash a little slower than normal, but still flash.

EDIT: Just noticed how old the thread is. Guess I should have done a little more than just skim through it quick lol

Since this thread is up top, does anybody have a definite on what the passenger side kick panel bulb number is??? Online there are like 4 possibilities, and my bulb is missing so I'm not sure which one it is. The definite is the bulb is a push and turn style like an 1156, 57, etc. Superbrightleds shows a 1891 which I've never seen, or an 89 which could be a variant of the 1891.
Any and all help is appreciated, I wanna get the right bulb.

Pretty certain it's a 1004, according to my catalog calling it a "step/courtesy light"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
Which flasher? There are 2.

the one up behind the dash by the headlight switch...iFound it after iGot off work yday. I actually saw it before when iWas meddling while doing my swap. I remember it taking me 5 mins to get it bacc on after removing it lol. I forgot until I kept reading people say it was up behind the dash but alot of ppl said by the radio. I ordered my flasher relays today.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor