LED lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Hey guys ran into a problem today, installed new led tail lights and turn signals just lights up bright, I know I need another flasher. Do anyone knows the part number of the flasher that I will need? We to local parts store, no one has a clue. any help would be appreciated

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I got you.

Painless 80230. Picture looks like it's a 3 terminal, but it's just a shadow.

EDIT: If you're in Canada, performance world number 401001 works as well, even though its square

Last edited:

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Hey guys ran into a problem today, installed new led tail lights and turn signals just lights up bright, I know I need another flasher. Do anyone knows the part number of the flasher that I will need? We to local parts store, no one has a clue. any help would be appreciated
Two ways to solve the problem.
1) The easiest, is to get a flasher made for LED lights. (Shame on your parts store if the counter help had no clue)
2) Less expensive, more involed, get a pair of resistors made for LED light conversion. Hook (INSERT EDIT: IN PARALLEL, NOT IN SERIES)
one on the left circuit, and one on the right circuit. The resistors get very hot, do not mount them where they can melt something or catch something on fire.
I put resistors on mine in the engine bay on the rear of the core support, and have never had a problem.
20200509_144904.jpg
20200509_144920.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Is there an advantage one way or the other for the two solutions you mentioned?
The resistors cost less, but the LED flasher is faster, and easier to install. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the resistors get VERY hot. If I did it again, I'd spend the extra and buy the flasher.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Appreciate your help one more question, is the wire out the back is a ground?
I'm sorry, I misspoke earlier. If you choose to use the resistors, they hook in parallel, not in series, I repeat, they hook in parallel. Mine have a red wire and a black wire. It has been too long since I added them to remember, but going by the color coded wires, I would say that the red is on the switched side of the bulb, and the black is on the grounded side of the bulb. There should be wiring instructions included with the resistor.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
I don't want to reinvent the wheel when installing LED flashers so for those who have done so, to where specifically have you wired the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor